I have been using these this season for the farmers market, in red to match my tent, and really like them. The material and craftsmanship is good quality, especially for the price. It was surprisingly difficult to find bags that would each hold 40lbs of sand so these are really amazing. They're very easy to fill and definitely do their job! I've recommended them to two other family members for their tents too.
For things I personally have issues with which may not bother other people:
1) I find that the sand I'm using does tend to leak through the zipper if they tip over in the car, which almost always happens, but it's just a little bit. I may just have some really fine sand;
2) it's a little challenging to use these with the walls of my tent BC the velcro that runs the length of these bags (which is amazing and very secure!) overlaps some of the attachment points for the walls. It's not a deal breaker for me but kinda annoying;
Just as an aside, I'm 5'2", and up to this point, I had no idea how much 40lbs actually weighs when in such a small space. The handle is super strong, and by necessity on the top of the bag, but it's really hard for me personally to lift and move these when they're full in that configuration. If, like me, you must have 40lbs on each leg of your tent, and you're a smaller person or can't lift so much, I might suggest trying to use two 20lb bags per leg instead.
Merchant Response:Thanks for the great review M! What wonderful feedback. Your suggestions have been heard.
1. We have been working on a smaller size option and hope to offer it soon.
2. For tents with walls, some customers use the included straps to secure from the top corners, then bungie the bottom of the bag to the foot.
3. Fine Sand - try dumping your sand into a kitchen trash bag to act as a liner to the sandbag. The fine plastic will contain the dust while the Apex Sandbag will support and protect the inner bag.